You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use the same Apple ID on two separate devices without sharing data between devices?

I have had an iPhone with several apps and now I got a new iPad. I still want to keep all the apps and data on the phone and in iCloud, but I don't want the apps on the iPad.

If I set up my iPad with the same Apple ID, will it automatically put everything from my phone onto the iPad?

If I choose "do not transfer apps and data" when I set up the iPad, will I lose the data from the phone?

iPad

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 12:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 1:31 PM

If you set up my iPad with the same Apple ID, check the App Store/iTunes to make sure automatic downloads are turned off.

If you choose not to transfer data and apps, you shouldn't lose anything from the iPhone.

1 reply

Can I use the same Apple ID on two separate devices without sharing data between devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.