You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extend display or screen share from MacBook pro to PowerBook

Is it possible to use a PowerBook G4 1.5 (AI) A1104 as a second screen when my main computer is a MacBook Pro (Late 2011)? I believe the Powerbook has Firewire 400 and my MacBook Pro has Firewire 800 and Thunderbolt 1. I'm not sure if screen sharing would work or if I need to use any hardwire cables.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 10:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 9:45 AM

Screen Sharing means showing the screen of another computer in a window on your main computer. It uses a variant of VNC and is widely supported across many versions of MacOS. From time-to-time, I share the screen from a tiny print server running 10.4 on an iBook to my main Mac running 10.14 Mojave. I also share the screen of a larger server running High Sierra.

Performance across Wi-Fi is sometimes reported to be disappointing, even after tweaking screen quality. But try it and see if it will meet your needs.

I share mine across Gigabit Ethernet, and have no complaints.

Share the screen of another Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 30, 2021 9:45 AM in response to nestle48

Screen Sharing means showing the screen of another computer in a window on your main computer. It uses a variant of VNC and is widely supported across many versions of MacOS. From time-to-time, I share the screen from a tiny print server running 10.4 on an iBook to my main Mac running 10.14 Mojave. I also share the screen of a larger server running High Sierra.

Performance across Wi-Fi is sometimes reported to be disappointing, even after tweaking screen quality. But try it and see if it will meet your needs.

I share mine across Gigabit Ethernet, and have no complaints.

Share the screen of another Mac - Apple Support

Extend display or screen share from MacBook pro to PowerBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.