You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Itunes is bugged

I can't close down my iTunes, which results in me not being able to update my Mac. I also can't login even after trying to change the password. And I can't change the account im using either. So im stuck at the login tab.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 12:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 12:59 AM

mamuda21 Said:

"my Itunes is bugged: I can't close down my iTunes, which results in me not being able to update my Mac. I also can't login even after trying to change the password. And I can't change the account im using either. So im stuck at the login tab."

-------

About iTunes:

iTunes is not part of Mojave. You have Music open. It is asking you to sign in to you Apple ID, so that you can associate tis to your Apple Account. Go Here: Sign in with your Apple ID - Sign in on your Mac - Apple Support

See if you can Force Quit Out of Music.

I. Get to Finder

1. Switch to the App: [Hold Down: command key + Tap: R]
  2. Keep Tapping R: until you get to Finder (smileyface).

II. Once in Finder: Use, Force Quit:

1. Go to: Apple Menu
  2. Select: Force Quit
  3. Select: Safari
  4. Click: Force Quit button
  5. Click: Force Quit button

Or...

• Create a New Administrator Account. See if you can log in with that.
  • Boot into Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key] upon boot. In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files (i.e. caches) are intended fixed).
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 19, 2021 12:59 AM in response to mamuda21

mamuda21 Said:

"my Itunes is bugged: I can't close down my iTunes, which results in me not being able to update my Mac. I also can't login even after trying to change the password. And I can't change the account im using either. So im stuck at the login tab."

-------

About iTunes:

iTunes is not part of Mojave. You have Music open. It is asking you to sign in to you Apple ID, so that you can associate tis to your Apple Account. Go Here: Sign in with your Apple ID - Sign in on your Mac - Apple Support

See if you can Force Quit Out of Music.

I. Get to Finder

1. Switch to the App: [Hold Down: command key + Tap: R]
  2. Keep Tapping R: until you get to Finder (smileyface).

II. Once in Finder: Use, Force Quit:

1. Go to: Apple Menu
  2. Select: Force Quit
  3. Select: Safari
  4. Click: Force Quit button
  5. Click: Force Quit button

Or...

• Create a New Administrator Account. See if you can log in with that.
  • Boot into Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key] upon boot. In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files (i.e. caches) are intended fixed).

my Itunes is bugged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.