You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple remote was working perfectly to turn on tv, adjust volume, and turn off Apple TV and tv. Now when I push “sleep” on remote in turns off Apple TV but doesn’t turn off tv completely. Ideas?

Apple TV remote will not completely shut off power to Tv anymore. Volume works, turns tv on- screen goes dark but not off. Ideas?

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 12:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 2:28 PM

Hello I have the exact same issue and restarting did nothing. No changes to any settings on TV or AppleTV but just stopped working. When I try and turn the setting on it says “System Control You can’t use system control with this configuration”. Please advise. Thank you.

2 replies

My Apple remote was working perfectly to turn on tv, adjust volume, and turn off Apple TV and tv. Now when I push “sleep” on remote in turns off Apple TV but doesn’t turn off tv completely. Ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.