You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make my MacBook Pro display on my Samsung TV?

Solution (Answer:) to above Q: Connect new MacBook Pro to a Samsung TV?

The thunderbolt adaptor supplied with the Mac did not function at home OR in the store. I preferred the nice trim cable connection, but...

The adaptor for the HDMI cable DID work, & the TV quickly connected to the MacBook Pro, adjusting screen pixels to match the TV.

Someday I will submit the still-questionable connector for technical verification of functioning.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 9:44 AM

10 replies

Jan 20, 2021 2:38 PM in response to neuroanatomist

"Thunderbolt" was a term used by the sales people who ID'd the connector as an issue, sorry 'bout that. the connector that didn't work is marked "A1790 EMC3062" in very low contrast letters,

and the connector to the MacBook Pro is marked with a lightening bolt symbol:

If it did not come _with_ the computer, it was purchased at the same time from Apple.

Jan 20, 2021 9:32 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

The TV has two HDMI connections for video input. when a cable with HDMI on one end and a so called thunderbolt connector on the other is run directly to a 2012 MacBook Pro, everything works -- Laptop signal goes to TV screen. When I take the same long cable, then jack it through the adaptor shown above - A1790 E3062 - into a new MacBook Pro, no signal is transmitted to the TV. At all. If I use an HDMI adaptor & a cable with HDMI on both ends, all is fine.

I conclude that something is up with the A1790 E3062 adaptor.

How to make my MacBook Pro display on my Samsung TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.