You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes always asks for log in, even if I already did it.

If I want to play a song in iTunes(on PC), the pop-up message always says "The song "..." cannot be played because you are not signed in to Apple Music - You must be signed in to Apple Music in order to play Apple Music songs.". This happens even if I log out, and log in again into my account, still can't play any songs. I have already tried to fully shut down iTunes in the task manager, and then restart my computer, but I'm still having this issue. Any solution for this? Do I have to delete my iTunes app and reinstall it, or what? It starts to get very annoying.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 1:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 4:05 AM

Actually, I have solved this problem myself. I don't know if this question will still exist in the future, but if it will, I leave my solution for this here. So, I tried to remove all the downloads and then download again all my songs, and iTunes asked me to authorize my device. So I thought this must be something to do with my sign-in-popup-message-problem. I just went to Account, then I had to log in to my Apple ID again. I logged in, then under the "Apple ID Summary" you can find "Computer Authorisations:". Deauthorize them all. Then, go back to Account->Authorizations->Authorize this computer. And boom. Problem solved. I don't have any problems with iTunes since then. I don't have to go to radio first, I don't have to delete one of my songs and then download it again, everything's just works the way it should.

Please leave this question and this answer up, maybe it will help others with the same issue.

Thanks.

Again:

Account->View my account->Log in to Apple ID->Computer authorizations->Deauthorize all devices

go back to Account->Authorizations->Authorize this computer->Enjoy

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 21, 2021 4:05 AM in response to zilahisandor

Actually, I have solved this problem myself. I don't know if this question will still exist in the future, but if it will, I leave my solution for this here. So, I tried to remove all the downloads and then download again all my songs, and iTunes asked me to authorize my device. So I thought this must be something to do with my sign-in-popup-message-problem. I just went to Account, then I had to log in to my Apple ID again. I logged in, then under the "Apple ID Summary" you can find "Computer Authorisations:". Deauthorize them all. Then, go back to Account->Authorizations->Authorize this computer. And boom. Problem solved. I don't have any problems with iTunes since then. I don't have to go to radio first, I don't have to delete one of my songs and then download it again, everything's just works the way it should.

Please leave this question and this answer up, maybe it will help others with the same issue.

Thanks.

Again:

Account->View my account->Log in to Apple ID->Computer authorizations->Deauthorize all devices

go back to Account->Authorizations->Authorize this computer->Enjoy

iTunes always asks for log in, even if I already did it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.