You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find my iPhone

I lost my iPhone and it was offline how can I find it

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 10:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 10:26 AM

Other than physically looking for it, the only options are listed here, If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support With the device is offline, you will not be able to track it.

2 replies

Jan 21, 2021 10:29 AM in response to methah

I can’t remember who posted this back in September, but I copied it into notes to use at a later time. This is what the post stated.

Finding Offline Devices

Re: “... bluetooth must be enabled to use this feature ... “

Yes, the technical requirements as I’ve been able to discern:

Bluetooth enabled - on both “lost” device as well as “finding” device(s). 

FindMyiPhone Activated - on both “lost” device as well as “finding” device(s). 

Offline Finding Activated  - on both “lost” device as well as “finding” device(s). 

Finding devices must be “online” to communicate to to Apple.

And the BIGGIE - you must have a 2nd Apple device w/ the same AppleID in order to find your 1st “lost” device.  

This is a function of the public key encryption scheme needed to pass encrypted thru the “anonymous” finder devices.  

While I could locate my “found” iPad on my iPhone ... I could NOT locate it using a browser on another computer. 

How can I find my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.