You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID - verification failed due to unknown error

I am trying to clear my phone to give to my sister. I’m using my Apple ID password when requested and I know it’s 100% correct but get message verification failed due to unknown error. Can anyone help

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 1:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 1:44 PM

Some things you can try. Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch         

Try a forced restart.

5 replies

Jan 21, 2021 1:30 PM in response to Pepsithecat

Pepsithecat Said:

“Apple ID: I am trying to clear my phone to give to my sister. I’m using my Apple ID password when requested and I know it’s 100% correct but get message verification failed due to unknown error. Can anyone help”

———-

Use this site: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Once all is performed, have her log in and assign it to her Apple Account. Have her log in to iCloud and see if it is seen on her account. Then, log in to your own Apple Account, and see if it is no longer visible on your account.

Apple ID - verification failed due to unknown error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.