You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to find removed songs

When I right click on a song the first option that comes up is "Remove Download" so I have accidentally deleted many songs. How do I get them back I cannot find them in purchased. I paid for these.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 3:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 4:36 AM

Iwan,

If they were purchased in the past, the file may still be on your hard drive (possibly in the Trash/Recycle) or in one of the backups you have made.

Also, if you are still using the same Apple ID, are in the same country, and the content is still available, you may be able to redownload fresh copies at no charge. Follow the steps in here:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 22, 2021 4:36 AM in response to iwanttodie3070

Iwan,

If they were purchased in the past, the file may still be on your hard drive (possibly in the Trash/Recycle) or in one of the backups you have made.

Also, if you are still using the same Apple ID, are in the same country, and the content is still available, you may be able to redownload fresh copies at no charge. Follow the steps in here:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support

Where to find removed songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.