You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset my screen time passcode

how do I reset my screen time password?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 4:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 4:44 PM

That’s not the problem, I’m just trying to reset my phone and every time I try to they ask for my passcode and my screen time passcode. Also I tired going to screen time but there is no option for change password. Pictures down below

4 replies

Jan 22, 2021 4:39 PM in response to Ish-

To reset your screen time password Open Settings > Screen Time > Change Screen Time passcode. You will be prompted to enter the current Passcode. If you have forgotten your code you can click forgot passcode on the Passcode screen. You will be asked to enter the iCloud account email and Password used when Screen Time was originally set up. Follow the directions after you successfuly authenticate the details needed.

Side note: If you are attempting to circumvent Screen Time that your parent has set up for your well being, good luck. The email and password will not work unless you know their credentials, which are unlikely. Be warned that attempting to bypass the system will notify the user via email of the actions you have attempted. So long story short, if you are a child and your parent has set up Screen Time, you won't be able to reset the Passcode.

Jan 22, 2021 5:18 PM in response to Ish-

First, Thank you for the picture. Helps us help you.

Secondly, based on your screen shot, you are on family sharing. You can not change the passcode for Screen Time. You can Turn Off Screen Time Family Sharing. Click the Red text and if it asks for a code look for Forgot code at the bottom. If that doesn't show up then who ever set up family sharing will need to remove you from their sharing group on their phone.

Write back with an update.

How do I reset my screen time passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.