You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2017 MacBook Pro HP printer issue

I have an HP Office Jet 4650 that I purchased when I bought my MacBook Pro. I've had no issues with it until about a week ago. My computer keeps displaying pop-up messages stating the "HP Easy Scan" will damage your computer. You should move it to the Trash. The pop-ups keep happening frequently making it difficult to use the computer for anything else, I know longer can print from the computer and when I had to move all files associated with the printer to the trash so the pop-ups stop happening. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 3:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 7:48 PM

Make sure macOS is completely up to date. A few months ago HP accidentally had Apple revoke the HP security certificates for the HP drivers. A later macOS update restore the revoked certificates.

1 reply

2017 MacBook Pro HP printer issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.