You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video stream quality on icloud.com

Hi all,

I seen similar questions asked years ago but not much recently, so her it is.

I have several 1080p, 2.7k and 4k videos uploaded to icloud photos from my iPhone, drone etc., but when I look at them in a web browser on icloud.com the quality is really really poor. When I download them, then the full resolution is there.

It is not a connection issue, I have experienced this issue in multiple locations including home (1Gb connection) and office(strong network connection).

Is there a setting that I am missing? Surely we can't be limited to something like 480p for web hosted video in 2021? i can stream Youtube in 4k with no problem.

Cheers

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 3:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 4:57 AM

It’s full resolution video I want, on a web browser like the competition provides.

Similar questions

7 replies

Jan 23, 2021 4:56 PM in response to madarekrap

Is there a setting that I am missing? Surely we can't be limited to something like 480p for web hosted video in 2021? i can stream Youtube in 4k with no problem.

iCloud is not a streaming service. It' main function is to sync video content between devices, not play it over the in internet. Smaller videos of lower resolution will likely stream well.

Youtube by contrast is essentially only a streaming service.

Video stream quality on icloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.