You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes refuses to sync about 1/3 of my music with iCloud and more

So, about 1/3 of my iTunes library will not sync to iCloud music. The brilliant part of it is, all those songs are on my computer (on an SSD) and I have no way to listen to them. I go to Edit>Preferences>General, and make sure iCloud Music Library is check marked. Then I go to Files>Library>Sync to iCloud. The little icon in the upper right hand corner says its syncing, for a few seconds. But all those songs are still greyed out and unplayable. I right click on a greyed out song and there not the option to sync it to iCloud Music.

I check Edit>Preferences>Advanced to make my iTunes Media Folder Location is correct and it is (E:\iTunes\iTunes Media). I also have Keep my iTunes Media Folder Organized and Copy Files to iTunes media folder when adding to library both checked. So there's that.

Since I've had to screw around with this non sense before:

On a slightly different note. I have purchased (through the iTunes Store) a couple compilation box sets. Solti - Wagner - The Operas is an example. Now, it shows that music to me in iTunes. But, when I go to download it, it separates the files so that about 850mb worth of the music goes into my iTunes media folder. The other 9.18gb goes into the apple music folder. I hate that.

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 3:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 4:51 AM

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support, What is the status of tracks that won't add to your cloud library.

Purchases should download into the main iTunes Media folder. Had you added this album to your iCloud Music Library before purchasing it? You might need to remove the album from your library, then unhide from your purchase history if necessary, then redownload.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 24, 2021 4:51 AM in response to avw555

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support, What is the status of tracks that won't add to your cloud library.

Purchases should download into the main iTunes Media folder. Had you added this album to your iCloud Music Library before purchasing it? You might need to remove the album from your library, then unhide from your purchase history if necessary, then redownload.

tt2

iTunes refuses to sync about 1/3 of my music with iCloud and more

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.