You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use Apple Music as the music for a Slideshow using Photos?

Has Apple fixed the problem with using Apple Music as the music for a Slideshow using Photos - it has been a problem since 2015? I have Catalina installed on my Mac (can't update to Big Sur) so I was hoping this would be okay for using the two applications together as surely the problem is fixed by now. I am getting the error message "DRM-protected audio cannot be used in slideshows. Choose another audio track" if I try and select a track. If it is not fixed then does anyone know a simple workaround that can be used?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 5:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 9:59 AM

There's nothing to fix. The only music you can use in a slideshow are DRM free tracks purchased from Apple or other sources or tracks you've ripped yourself from music CDs.

Similar questions

1 reply

How can I use Apple Music as the music for a Slideshow using Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.