You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the battery is dead on my iphone so i cant turn it on. Im sending in for replacement but they are advising to back up the device which i cant do as i cant turn it on. Will i loose my data / photos etc, or is there anything i can do ?

the battery is dead on my iphone so i cant turn it on. Im sending in for replacement but they are advising to back up the device which i cant do as i cant turn it on. Will i loose my data / photos etc, or is there anything i can do ?

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 2:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 2:17 AM

Since the battery is dead you can't either backup on iCloud or iTunes. Keep the Apple Service provider informed.

If you had syned to iCloud, then Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice MemosMessages*, shared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive are safe and nothing to worry.

*-If you had turned on Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 25, 2021 2:17 AM in response to IanS137

Since the battery is dead you can't either backup on iCloud or iTunes. Keep the Apple Service provider informed.

If you had syned to iCloud, then Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice MemosMessages*, shared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive are safe and nothing to worry.

*-If you had turned on Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.