You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook is saying no updates are available, but I cannot download word because it says I need macOS 10.14 or higher to open. I just need to open Word for class to submit some papers.

I just renewed my Microsoft Office subscription because I needed word to do some papers for my college courses. I cannot open the apps because it is telling me I need to update my computer. There are no updates available. What do I need to do now?

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 11:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 11:43 AM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and if your MacBook is a 2012 or newer model, download Mojave, Catalina, or Big Sur. Alternatively, use an older version of Word or a product such as LibreOffice.

(190980)

3 replies

My macbook is saying no updates are available, but I cannot download word because it says I need macOS 10.14 or higher to open. I just need to open Word for class to submit some papers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.