You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health dropped from 100 to 95

I purchased iPhone 11 few months back, it had 100% battery health for first 7 months but within the 8th month it has dropped to 95.

drops are expected but so suddenly?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 12:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 6:43 AM

You are welcome

Those articles are either very old or not from Apple.

iPhones will learn your sleep pattern, charge to 80%, then stop til nearer your wake up time and finish up to full 100% ready for breakfast.

That is why fir most people, charge while you sleep is best

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 26, 2021 6:43 AM in response to Ritika_K

You are welcome

Those articles are either very old or not from Apple.

iPhones will learn your sleep pattern, charge to 80%, then stop til nearer your wake up time and finish up to full 100% ready for breakfast.

That is why fir most people, charge while you sleep is best

Jan 26, 2021 6:26 AM in response to LD150

Thank you! I was doing that itself.. charging overnight.. then I read many Apple articles that said to keep the charging between 40-80 only, not charge about it and charging above that might lead to degradation of battery health, that’s why I switched to it and I am experiencing issues!

Would return back to overnight charging in that case then!

thanks much both of you

Battery health dropped from 100 to 95

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.