You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock

my friend give me an iPhone 7 Plus as a gift but she didn’t know that this phone is lock or unlock. She got this phone from Telus in Vancouver - Canada

how can I check it ?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 10:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 10:26 PM

Put in any other active SIM card in the iPhone. If you can make and receive calls with the new SIM card then your iPhone is not carrier locked. If you are unable to make or receive calls then the iPhone is probably locked to Telus. If it is locked to Telus then you will have to call Telus and find out their requirements to unlock the iPhone.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 25, 2021 10:26 PM in response to mousadavoodabadi

Put in any other active SIM card in the iPhone. If you can make and receive calls with the new SIM card then your iPhone is not carrier locked. If you are unable to make or receive calls then the iPhone is probably locked to Telus. If it is locked to Telus then you will have to call Telus and find out their requirements to unlock the iPhone.

Axel F.

Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.