You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are some Smart Keyboards not compatible with the iPad 8?

My Smart Keyboard doesn't connect/work with my iPad 8, I'm wondering if the iPad 8 has certain Smart Keyboards that won't work with it?

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 12:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 12:25 AM

It should work, unless it's defective.

See also this page for compatibility:--> https://www.apple.com/shop/ipad/accessories/keyboards?page=1&f=ipad8gen2020&fh=35d5%2B4d0d

Take a look also at this support article:--> If you can't connect your iPad to your Magic Keyboard, Smart Keyboard, or Smart Keyboard Folio - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 26, 2021 4:27 AM in response to millareekie

There is ONLY one Apple smart keyboard that works with the iPad 8th gen.

All other third party smart keyboards use wireless Bluetooth as their connection method.

Here is the ONLY Apple “smart” keyboard cover made for the iPad 7th/8th gen and iPad Air

Smart Keyboard for iPad (8th generation) - Apple

Apple smart keyboards for iPads use the magnetic, smart connector pins found along the bottom edge of older design iPad models and along the back of the iPads that use the 2018/2020 newer iPad designs.

What third party make of keyboard did you purchase for your iPad 8th gen?

You may need to connect it via Bluetooth.

Are some Smart Keyboards not compatible with the iPad 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.