You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Automation on waking up

I am slowly getting my head around automations, but cannot figure this one out, or even if it is possible.

This is what I want it to do.

When I turn off my morning alarm.

• Turn on bathroom light
  • Turn on downstairs light in kitchen.

I have both of the above set up as a scene in Homekit.

I have set up this to work, but I have identified some extra things that I would like to happen.

• This only needs to happen if I am 'at home'
  • The lights only need to come on if it is before sunrise.

This is what I have set up for the first part, but its the extra bits I cannot figure.

1. Personal Automation
  2. Alarm
  3. When - is stopped - alarms - any
  4. Add action
  5. Search - Home
  6. Control Our Home
  7. Set scenes and accessories
  8. Run 'good morning scene'

All help is appreciated.

Trevor

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 11:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 1:14 PM

Trevor ~ I don't do Home automations (only Personal ones), so I don't know how you'd incorporate my suggestions. Anyway, the following should provide for your Sunrise request. But if it doesn't, you can probably see how to modify it.

RoutineHub • Is it Day or Night?

õ¿õ¬

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 30, 2021 2:28 PM in response to Alancito

Yes it is all working fine.

This is what I have done. Think it could be made cleaner, but it works and I don't want to change it now.

I had to put the 'At Home' shortcut in manually as I could not get it to work correctly linking to the original shortcut.

'Day or Night' is the shortcut from your link and 'Good Morning' is a from Homekit to set the lights how I want them.

It took me a while to figure out how to test when I was 'away' but the penny dropped and I just changed my home address in the script to somewhere different. :-)

Many thanks

Trevor

Personal Automation on waking up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.