You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Search Broken

I am using a macbook pro with OS 11.1 The search function inside of the Calendar app (version 11.0) does not work. No matter what I type (recent or old events — words that I know are on the calendar) the search function returns nothing.

Apple menu  > System Preferences > Spotlight > Search Results > Events & Reminders checkbox in ON. All the checkboxes are ON.

Is there a way to reboot the Calendar apps search capability?

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 8:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 8:23 PM

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support might help.

6 replies

Jan 27, 2021 1:22 AM in response to Ferd II

I tried putting the base HD folder into Spotlight's Privacy setting and then removing it, as you suggested. For some reason this did not instigate a rebuilding of the Spotlight index.

After that I tried using Terminal as follows, and that worked. The Spotlight index is rebuilding and now the Calendar search function works.

TERMINAL COMMANDS TO REBUILD SPOTLIGHT INDEX

• First, turn off indexing of files:      sudo mdutil -a -i off

• Next, turn indexing back on:        sudo mdutil -a -i on

Calendar Search Broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.