You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mid 2020 13" MacBook Pro short battery life

Hello!

I have been using the 13" MacBook Pro 2020 (non-M1) for 6 months and have noticed that the battery life performance has been significantly less than what was advertised. On a full charge, my mac will last for about 4 hours even though the only apps running are safari (not video streaming), notes, and OneNote. I made sure to close any unused apps and turn off unnecessary connections (such as bluetooth). Many reviews report at least 7-8 hours of use under similar circumstances.

Here is some other information about the mac:

MacOS: 11.1

Battery cycle count: 149

Battery condition: normal

Optimised battery charging

Automatic brightness: on

I usually leave my mac plugged in during use, for several hours at a time. Could this have caused the loss in battery life? Please advise me on what could be the cause of the shortened battery life and how I can fix that. Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 11:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 6:45 AM

noahsyt wrote:

Hello!

I have been using the 13" MacBook Pro 2020 (non-M1) for 6 months and have noticed that the battery life performance has been significantly less than what was advertised. On a full charge, my mac will last for about 4 hours even though the only apps running are safari (not video streaming), notes, and OneNote. I made sure to close any unused apps and turn off unnecessary connections (such as bluetooth). Many reviews report at least 7-8 hours of use under similar circumstances.

I usually leave my mac plugged in during use, for several hours at a time. Could this have caused the loss in battery life? Please advise me on what could be the cause of the shortened battery life and how I can fix that. Thank you!

My battery runtime is low

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054#runtime

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2021 6:45 AM in response to noahsyt

noahsyt wrote:

Hello!

My battery runtime is low

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054#runtime

Mid 2020 13" MacBook Pro short battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.