You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple TV unit is flashing and doesn't show up on the new Samsung TV. How can I reset it?

How do I reset my Apple TV and get it to work with my new Samsung TV. I've tried with the remote and the hard set with USB/USB. It doesn't appear anywhere!

Apple TV HD, tvOS 12

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 3:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 3:39 PM

If the status light is flashing continuously, then you may have to reinstall the system software externally (through a computer): Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

- Note how the Apple TV box needs to be powered at the right moment.

- Note how the USB cable needs to be supporting data transfer. A charging cable from another device may not work.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2021 3:39 PM in response to jdavenport1

If the status light is flashing continuously, then you may have to reinstall the system software externally (through a computer): Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

- Note how the Apple TV box needs to be powered at the right moment.

- Note how the USB cable needs to be supporting data transfer. A charging cable from another device may not work.

apple TV unit is flashing and doesn't show up on the new Samsung TV. How can I reset it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.