You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod stereo pair leg/delay issue when pausing or changing songs

Hi. I have two HomePods that form a stereo pair. They synch up fine during playback, but when you pause or switch songs one is always half a second behind the other, which sounds horrid.

Is this normal behaviour or have a got a duff HomePod (or 2)? The router lives in the same room and the internet is fast and stable.

When I first received the second HomePod I had all sorts of pairing problems- only one playing at a time, volume on each not matching, volume inexplicably rising and falling on each HomePod, one cutting out, etc. I fully reset both a few times, but that didn't fix it, and I was recommended by Apple tech support to post the new one back if the problems continued (before the end of the initial 14 day window). A couple of days later I changed my router from BT to Sky, and updated the software again to 14.3 (both happened the same day), and those problems are now 99% sorted. Only twice has one of the pair refused to join in. The pause/change song lag/delay remains, and it is unpleasant. Does everyone experience this? Thanks!

HomePod, 14

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 5:44 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

HomePod stereo pair leg/delay issue when pausing or changing songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.