You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot have chrome in separate desktops since Big Sur update

I utilise multiple desktops a lot working on my macbook pro - I usually have a desktop for each project, and thus having multiple different chrome windows open, in different desktops I can switch between. This broke when I updated to Big Sur. Now I can only have chrome open on the desktop I am using, I can't have it in multiple desktops, I can't drag it to a new desktop and when I move to a separate desktop the chrome window follows me and does not stay in the previous space. In mission control I have none of the 4x boxes ticked I've also tried logging out, restarting my computer and rebooting thee dock via terminal. This is a chrome specific issue, I have tested it in Safari and can still use multiple safari windows/desktops, does anyone know how to make it work again for chrome?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 7:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 8:33 AM

I don't have Chrome, so I can't test.

Click and hold the Chrome icon in the Dock, then look at Options. What does it say regarding assigning it to desktops? I believe that the option you want is "None".

Similar questions

2 replies

Cannot have chrome in separate desktops since Big Sur update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.