You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my messages 'Not Delivered" from my iMac

I repeatedly get a "Not Delivered" response when I attempt to send messages from my iMac, and I don't know why.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 5:38 PM

2 replies

Jan 31, 2021 1:59 PM in response to Markylee_Onix

Hi Markylee_Onix,

We understand you're having problems sending messages from your iMac, and we'd like to help. So we're on the same page, are these messages being sent to an Apple ID email address or a phone number? If you're trying to send them to a phone number, you'll want to make sure that text message forwarding is set up from your iPhone first.

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac

Send messages on Mac

Can you receive messages on your iMac but not respond to them? If so, please also make sure that your Mac isn't behind a firewall.

Let us know what you find!

Take care.

Why are my messages 'Not Delivered" from my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.