You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages.app editing

I have my manuscript available to me in .pdf and .png formats but when I try to add it to a new pages doc it cannot be edited . What do I need to do so I can grab all my 100 plus pages of my manuscript text and copy and paste them into my pages doc so I can edit it?

If these two formats are not easy/possible to work with what text format should I be able to edit in pages?

Can I use mac's TextEdit to achieve this task?

Thank you

Chips

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 3:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 6:34 PM

Neither png or pdf are "text" formats. and produced on your Mac, both are images. Text Edit is, as the name implies, a text editor.

Your best choice is probably the application on which the manuscript was produced, and a copy of the original text document to edit.

Regards,

Barry

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2021 6:34 PM in response to chipsr

Neither png or pdf are "text" formats. and produced on your Mac, both are images. Text Edit is, as the name implies, a text editor.

Your best choice is probably the application on which the manuscript was produced, and a copy of the original text document to edit.

Regards,

Barry

pages.app editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.