You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting up new iphone with old data

I synced my old phone with itunes before getting new phone but now when i sync with itunes my photos aren't there. Where do i find them?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 10:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 12:20 AM

If by sync you mean backup then please note the iTunes backup features below. Probably all your Photos are on iCloud.

A backup from your computer doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Store or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (to back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 1, 2021 12:20 AM in response to heiler6

If by sync you mean backup then please note the iTunes backup features below. Probably all your Photos are on iCloud.

A backup from your computer doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Store or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (to back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

setting up new iphone with old data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.