You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 volume button "mushy"

I recently bought the new iPhone 12 and I have started to notice that the top volume button is mushy feeling and isn't clicky like the rest of the buttons on the phone. What should I do?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 7:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 4:53 AM

Hello,

If it concerns you, the next step would be to take it to an authorized repair center to have it checked:

Apple - Find Locations

Also see:

About the buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Good luck.

3 replies

Feb 1, 2021 8:01 PM in response to blaire256

The case I'm using doesn't cover the buttons so its not a case. I'm not willing to take it apart because its new. If it were an older device I would be open to it because I've done DIY repairs before but I fear voiding warranty and wrecking a new phone.

I should mention that the button still works, but is very annoying to not get the clicky feedback like the other buttons have. Is it worth getting a replacement or repair? Shouldn't this be covered under warranty?

iPhone 12 volume button "mushy"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.