You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods - no one can hear me

I have cleaned and repaired with my phone and still no one can hear me through my AirPods. I can hear clearly others and music. They are less than a year old. Any suggestions?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 4:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 4:16 AM

AirPods microphones seem to be the troublemaker here. Here are two fixes. But before that, restart your iPhone. Also, put your AirPods in the case for a minute. Now, try to make a call and see if these basic steps fix the problem or not.

I. Choose either left or right AirPod

Open the Settings app → Bluetooth → tap (i) next to AirPods → Microphone → choose Always Left AirPod or Always Right AirPod.

Now make a call and see if the other party can hear you or not.

II. Forget AirPods and Re-pair

Open the Settings app → Bluetooth → tap (i) next to AirPods → Forget This Device → Forget Device.

Now, restart your iPhone. Also, keep the AirPods in their case for about 1 minute. After this, pair them again, and the microphone problem may no longer exist.

III. Contact Apple Support

In case nothing works, there may be a physical problem with the AirPods. Please visit Apple Store and get things checked.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 3, 2021 4:16 AM in response to jaimie230

AirPods microphones seem to be the troublemaker here. Here are two fixes. But before that, restart your iPhone. Also, put your AirPods in the case for a minute. Now, try to make a call and see if these basic steps fix the problem or not.

I. Choose either left or right AirPod

Open the Settings app → Bluetooth → tap (i) next to AirPods → Microphone → choose Always Left AirPod or Always Right AirPod.

Now make a call and see if the other party can hear you or not.

II. Forget AirPods and Re-pair

Open the Settings app → Bluetooth → tap (i) next to AirPods → Forget This Device → Forget Device.

Now, restart your iPhone. Also, keep the AirPods in their case for about 1 minute. After this, pair them again, and the microphone problem may no longer exist.

III. Contact Apple Support

In case nothing works, there may be a physical problem with the AirPods. Please visit Apple Store and get things checked.

AirPods - no one can hear me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.