You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On my IPhone below my WiFi name says hidden network. How can I get rid of this?

On my IPhone, in settings below my WiFi name says hidden network. How can I get rid of this?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 3:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 3:38 PM

You can leave it hidden if you like. Some folks like that so that prying eyes cannot see it without scanning for hidden networks. It does not provide any added security however keeps the WiFi Network hidden from amateurs. If you would like to make it visible so that devices do not need to enter the WiFi Network's name then you will have to get inside your Wi-Fi Router's settings and unhide it. If you do not know how to do that then please contact your Router's manufacturer support team OR call your Internet Service Provider and they can show you how to do that.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 3, 2021 3:38 PM in response to tahis8

You can leave it hidden if you like. Some folks like that so that prying eyes cannot see it without scanning for hidden networks. It does not provide any added security however keeps the WiFi Network hidden from amateurs. If you would like to make it visible so that devices do not need to enter the WiFi Network's name then you will have to get inside your Wi-Fi Router's settings and unhide it. If you do not know how to do that then please contact your Router's manufacturer support team OR call your Internet Service Provider and they can show you how to do that.

Axel F.

On my IPhone below my WiFi name says hidden network. How can I get rid of this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.