You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Classroom v3.3 not working with iPadOS 14.4

I read that this has been an issue since updating to iPadOS 13.3. I had hoped by updating to iPadOS 14.4 that the issue would be resolved but it hasn’t.

Does anyone have a solution to fix the current issue?

Thank you

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 2:49 PM

5 replies

Feb 8, 2021 9:26 AM in response to sberman

Thank you for your reply however, the Classroom app does not work using iPadOS 14.4.

lt does work with iOS 12.5.1 but not since iPadOS 14.x was released.

We use the Jamf School MDM but they say that this is an Apple issue.

The “Actions” window (see image) automatically appears as soon as you enter a class and will not disappear. iPads can be seen as connected in the background but the Actions window will not close.

Also the only way of exiting the app is to press the Home button and then you can close the app.

This issue means that the Apple Classroom app can not be used by teachers in class.

Feb 13, 2021 6:01 AM in response to sberman

Thank you for the reply. Yes l was using a HotSpot when l took the Screenshot but this issue remains when the devices are connected to the Jamf School MDM and school WiFi network. Very frustrating to say the least. Surely someone in Apple can resolve this issue but no luck to date. I have spoken to Jamf and they said it’s an Apple issue!

Apple Classroom v3.3 not working with iPadOS 14.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.