You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi

My Iphone WiFi button is grayed so I cant even turn on WiFi. How do I fix this? I already tried resetting network settings and phone.

iPhone 8

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 4:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 4:50 PM

Is your Bluetooth switch also greyed out? If it is your phone’s radio chip has probably failed; you will need to contact Apple support to arrange for a repair.

You can try restoring the phone to factory settings using your computer→Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support, then testing before you restore your backup. If this doesn’t fix it then it’s definitely hardware.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 6, 2021 4:50 PM in response to Samuel2414

Is your Bluetooth switch also greyed out? If it is your phone’s radio chip has probably failed; you will need to contact Apple support to arrange for a repair.

You can try restoring the phone to factory settings using your computer→Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support, then testing before you restore your backup. If this doesn’t fix it then it’s definitely hardware.

Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.