You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a simple way to select my devices and "click" on sync?

I have an iMac, iPhone, and Airbook. I want to sync them by going to my Settings in iCloud, select them and say "sync". Does that make sense? Everything I read says I have to hook things up with a USB and blah, blah, blah. What's the point of iCloud?

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 12:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 12:50 PM

You can sync via iCloud by selecting the things that you want to sync. On a Mac, those options are at Apple menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud (in the sidebar) > iCloud Drive, Photos, Mail, Contacts etc.

The options on an iPhone and iPad are at Settings > [username] > iCloud,

When those options are turned on, the selected data will sync automatically and they will sync when data is changed (e.g., a Contact is added, deleted, or edited).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2021 12:50 PM in response to writermd

You can sync via iCloud by selecting the things that you want to sync. On a Mac, those options are at Apple menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud (in the sidebar) > iCloud Drive, Photos, Mail, Contacts etc.

The options on an iPhone and iPad are at Settings > [username] > iCloud,

When those options are turned on, the selected data will sync automatically and they will sync when data is changed (e.g., a Contact is added, deleted, or edited).

Is there a simple way to select my devices and "click" on sync?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.