You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Default Photos rotation

Photos default rotation is counterclockwise and option click gets you a clockwise rotation but almost all of my rotations are clockwise based on how I hold an SLR in portrait orientation. So there must be, or should I say, please may there be, a defaults write terminal command to make clockwise the default rotation. I can't be the only one who needs this, right?

TIA

Robert

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 2:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 7:03 PM

Thanks Tony,

The keyboard command actually uses both hands! ;-) Many of my old pictures either never had or were stripped of their extended metadata along the way so no rotation flags. This is obviously not a big issue but if there was a defaults write command to flip the button I would certainly do it.

Cheers.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2021 7:03 PM in response to TonyCollinet

Thanks Tony,

The keyboard command actually uses both hands! ;-) Many of my old pictures either never had or were stripped of their extended metadata along the way so no rotation flags. This is obviously not a big issue but if there was a defaults write command to flip the button I would certainly do it.

Cheers.

Default Photos rotation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.