You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone photo storage limit

How do I decrease the amount of iPhone storage used for photos? I have plenty of space on iCloud, but zero space on phone. I cannot downloads new apps, take new photos, etc. I have an iPhone 12

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 6:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 6:56 PM

heath233 wrote:

How do I decrease the amount of iPhone storage used for photos? I have plenty of space on iCloud, but zero space on phone. I cannot downloads new apps, take new photos, etc. I have an iPhone 12

Check this article for optimizing your photos. This will, as best it can,. reduce the amount of storage used on your phone for photos.

See >>> https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT205703

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2021 6:56 PM in response to heath233

heath233 wrote:

Check this article for optimizing your photos. This will, as best it can,. reduce the amount of storage used on your phone for photos.

See >>> https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT205703

Feb 7, 2021 7:09 PM in response to heath233

heath233 wrote:

I read the article and have all those settings set correctly per the directions. I don’t think the iPhone is Optimizing the photos correctly b/c it says I’m still using 46 Gb for photos. I still cannot take new photos, download new apps, etc. I have tried a reset but no change.

How long have you waited? It is not a quick process for large libraries.

I suggest you do not play around with resets as you are simply restarting a slow process. Patience.

Having zero space on your phone makes it "worse"

iPhone photo storage limit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.