You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multi-Album Boxsets and Artwork

Hello,

I am hoping someone can answer this question. I subscribe to Apple Music, and while streaming certain "Box Sets" for individual artists, I noticed that the album itself had the artwork for the box set, as expected, but a nice surprise I discovered was that the albums comprising the box set each had their own artwork too.

For Example:

David Bowie - A New Career In a New Town (1977-1982) is a 9-Disc set when in its physical product form, and is made up of several albums, many of which are remasters of albums that were previously released.

Example:

Disc 1: Low

Disc 2: "Heroes"

Disc 3: Heroes - EP

On my Apple Music subscription, instead of "Disc 1" it shows "Low." "Low" is in the grouping when I download the song to my library, and only the album art for the original "Low" album shows up when the track is played. A nice feature! It also keeps the artwork for the cover of the box set as the "main" album art when searching by album. Only when the track is played does it show the individual album artwork.

I have high-resolution files from Qobuz (because Apple, in the year 2021, still doesn't offer lossless or high-res downloads) that I imported into my library, and I can't seem to recreate that feature. I am guessing it might be the only benefit to buying songs from Apple nowadays, but I just can't pay money for 256kbps files anymore. It is a great feature to have for collections like this, because the OCD part of me wants to see the original album artwork instead of the generic box set artwork. If Apple Music can do it for streamed files, there has to be a way to do it for files in one's library.

I have tried it with other sets, like David Bowie's "Five Years" and The Rolling Stones' "Rolling Stones in Mono." Any tips?

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 9:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 10:06 AM

I'm not sure it is quite what you're looking for but see this recent post of mine:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252508247?answerId=254800095022#254800095022

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Multi-Album Boxsets and Artwork

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.