You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Controller - Macbook Pro (13-inch, 2017)

When looking in the system information under Controller, it states that my device doesn't have a Controller installed and states "This computer doesn’t contain any Controller devices".

Is that normal or even ok?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 7:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 7:29 AM

McChillen wrote:

When looking in the system information under Controller, it states that my device doesn't have a Controller installed and states "This computer doesn’t contain any Controller devices".

Does your model of < Macbook Pro (13-inch, 2017) > Have a TouchBar?

If this is the MacBookPro14,1 non-Touchbar w/ Two Thunderbolt 3 ports you would not expect to see a Controller Chip set. This is normal.

The T1 SoC was introduced in 2016 w/ Touchbar

Newer Macs have the more recent T2 chipset.

Mac models with the Apple T2 Security Chip - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 9, 2021 7:29 AM in response to McChillen

McChillen wrote:

Does your model of < Macbook Pro (13-inch, 2017) > Have a TouchBar?

If this is the MacBookPro14,1 non-Touchbar w/ Two Thunderbolt 3 ports you would not expect to see a Controller Chip set. This is normal.

The T1 SoC was introduced in 2016 w/ Touchbar

Newer Macs have the more recent T2 chipset.

Mac models with the Apple T2 Security Chip - Apple Support

System Controller - Macbook Pro (13-inch, 2017)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.