You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new ipad

i bought a new ipad air 4. i want to give ipad air 2 to wife. how do i change users without wiping out all my icloud content?

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 10:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 10:43 AM

If you intend to reuse the iPad with a different AppleID, you would be well advised to prepare it properly for reuse by your wife - as this will ensure that the Activation Lock associated with the original AppleID is removed, along with all data and other sensitive information:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Proper preparation will not affect any of your iCloud data - or locally stored data on your new iPad.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 10, 2021 10:43 AM in response to Happily Retired

If you intend to reuse the iPad with a different AppleID, you would be well advised to prepare it properly for reuse by your wife - as this will ensure that the Activation Lock associated with the original AppleID is removed, along with all data and other sensitive information:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Proper preparation will not affect any of your iCloud data - or locally stored data on your new iPad.

new ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.