You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update to Mojave

I currently have a High Sierra OS on my Mac AIr.

After I downloaded the Mojave OS, I clicked on it but I got a message that there was something wrong with the download, and was not able to install the Mojave OS.

1. After I deleted the Mojave download app from my computer (including the Trash can), I tried to download it again. However, when clicked on Apple > App Store , it will no longer show an option for downloading Mojave.

2. I also rebooted my company, but that did not change anything.

3. I also tried Apple > About this Mac > Software Updates, but that showed no option for updates.

What can I do to upgrade?

Thank you for any help.

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 7:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 9:06 PM

The App Store is detecting a copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app on your Mac,

look in your Applications folder first, if it is not there do a Spotlight search for it.

Move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your Mac to your router via cable.

Restart your Mac go back to the App Store Mojave page it should now say Get or Download.

Do not use the Mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same internet connection.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 10, 2021 9:06 PM in response to DocAoife

The App Store is detecting a copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app on your Mac,

look in your Applications folder first, if it is not there do a Spotlight search for it.

Move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your Mac to your router via cable.

Restart your Mac go back to the App Store Mojave page it should now say Get or Download.

Do not use the Mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same internet connection.

Feb 10, 2021 8:28 PM in response to Niel

Niel, thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately, following your link, led to the same situation.

The site for the Mojave download opens. However I got the following.

• Under the picture of the Mojave desert (inside the white circle), there is a white link titled Open (and not download as it did the very first time). Nothing it downloaded when I click on this.
  • Also next to the Open link, there is a upside down black triangle. When I click on this I get the following message.

"This Copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can't be used to install macOS."

It seems that the computer won't yet me re-download the Mojave OS app a second time (as the white link has Open written on it rather than Download), even though I deleted the original download file from my computer including Trash.

If you have any other advice, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Feb 12, 2021 2:50 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Dear Eau,

Thank you so much! Your suggestion worked.

As you said, the damaged copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app was indeed in the Applications folder.

Once I deleted this and emptied the Trash, I was able to download Install macOS Mojave.app again. This time it was not damaged, and I have successfully upgraded to Mojave.

Update to Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.