You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to add a child account and it is not letting me. I need help.

Trying to add a child account (got her a used iPhone). Using my MacBook Air (Big Sur) to set up the account since it won't let me do on her iPhone. In my account, I've enabled Family Sharing. I select to add an account, and then in the invitation popup I select "create child account' and the subsequent pop up (Parental Consent) gives options: "learn more", "cancel", and "Go to App Store". I have gone through the App Store to ensure I have a card on file (I even added a second card). I can't seem get to a screen that will let me begin to set up an account for her (like give her birthdate, etc). Searched the online help to no avail. I sometimes get a message "can't access iCloud right now", too.

Is there something specific I need to do in the App Store to allow me to get out of this "do loop"?

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 8:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 9:17 PM

I was having difficulty from the website. I got in touch with Apple and they had me set the account up from MY PHONE rather than the new kid's phone. It worked! The technician had the same issue I had with the website and put in a trouble ticket for it. Up and running and happy kid now.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 13, 2021 9:17 PM in response to two_foxes_in_backyard

I was having difficulty from the website. I got in touch with Apple and they had me set the account up from MY PHONE rather than the new kid's phone. It worked! The technician had the same issue I had with the website and put in a trouble ticket for it. Up and running and happy kid now.

I'm trying to add a child account and it is not letting me. I need help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.