You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 MacBook Air dead screen?

I have an M1 MacBook Air, less than a month old, thats video ceased to function (no backlight and no signal on external display), but I hear the startup sound so I know it’s turning on. The keyboard backlight seems to be out too. Happened a few hours after updating. This past week. I’ve got an appt at the Genius Bar tonight.

Doesn’t make sense. Never got wet. Never dropped. Protected with a shell case. I updated it... And I did have it connected to an external display the last time i saw the screen on, which did occasionally start having issues with losing signal after I updated.

At first, I thought maybe it was a bad screen but if it was just that, I should be getting signal to an external display. Am I wrong?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 2:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 4:46 AM

Without seeing it in the real world there is no way we can guess what has gone wrong with your MacBook Air. As you have a Genius Bar appointment already arranged I suggest you don’t worry too much about it except to turn up on time so they can resolve your problem.

1 reply

M1 MacBook Air dead screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.