You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Information privacy

What is it stopping a stranger from finding out every information about me using the emergency button without unlocking my phone

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 2:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 10:09 AM

Hello DarkK,

Read this help document:

Use Emergency SOS on your iPhone - https://support.apple.com/HT208076

You will see all it does is call the emergency number in your country (911 in the USA), and optionally sends you location to your emergency contacts. I hope these are people you trust, and of course normally you would not care if they knew your location if you were in an emergency situation.

The feature is not letting anybody actually use your phone or find information from it. Perhaps just tell your friends if they call you as a result of getting a notice not to provide any information, just in case a person steal this phone and tries to pretend to be you.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 15, 2021 10:09 AM in response to DarkK1

Hello DarkK,

Read this help document:

Use Emergency SOS on your iPhone - https://support.apple.com/HT208076

You will see all it does is call the emergency number in your country (911 in the USA), and optionally sends you location to your emergency contacts. I hope these are people you trust, and of course normally you would not care if they knew your location if you were in an emergency situation.

The feature is not letting anybody actually use your phone or find information from it. Perhaps just tell your friends if they call you as a result of getting a notice not to provide any information, just in case a person steal this phone and tries to pretend to be you.

Information privacy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.