You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't control volume on Apple TV/HomePod minis

I recently added a pair of HomePod Minis to my Apple TV and it was working fine but today I could no longer control the volume with the Apple TV remote. I then used my phone to control the Apple TV and was able to increase the volume no problem.

How do I fix it so the remote works again?

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 8:37 AM

1 reply

Feb 17, 2021 10:51 AM in response to greggulik

Hello, greggulik!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! If we understand correctly, you're experiencing issues with the Apple TV remote responding as expected. To verify, is it just issues with managing the volume, or is the remote unresponsive overall? If you use a Siri Remote, have you recently charged it? Are you within the range of your Apple TV? Also, have you tried to power cycle your Apple TV?

Check out this link to learn more about these steps: If your Apple TV remote isn’t working.

Have a great day!

Can't control volume on Apple TV/HomePod minis

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.