You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos and videos

My photos have an exclamation sign on the bottom of them and won't let me edit them. My videos also have exclamation sign on the bottom and won't let me play them What is the problem??

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 11:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 12:58 PM

it means, that Photos cannot access the original version of the image. This can happen, if you are using iCloud Photos and Photos cannot download the original full resolution version of he image from iCloud, either because of network problems, or problems with your Apple ID, lack of iCloud storage, or because you do not have enough free storage on your Mac to download the photos?

Does any of this apply?

• How much free storage is on your system volume?
  • Is there problem with your network connection? Is your Mac connected to Wi-Fi? Do you have a firewall or Anti Virus software set up, that could be blocking the connection to Apple's cloud servers?
  • Do you have plenty of feee iCloud Storage?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 15, 2021 12:58 PM in response to workmanms

it means, that Photos cannot access the original version of the image. This can happen, if you are using iCloud Photos and Photos cannot download the original full resolution version of he image from iCloud, either because of network problems, or problems with your Apple ID, lack of iCloud storage, or because you do not have enough free storage on your Mac to download the photos?

Does any of this apply?

• How much free storage is on your system volume?
  • Is there problem with your network connection? Is your Mac connected to Wi-Fi? Do you have a firewall or Anti Virus software set up, that could be blocking the connection to Apple's cloud servers?
  • Do you have plenty of feee iCloud Storage?

Photos and videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.