You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD player will not play certain discs

I am running 10.14.6 on a macbook pro. I think disc player is 6.0. I have the complete set of Star Trek Deep Space Nine episodes which work fine until I get to seasons 6 and 7. At this point I insert any disc which opens to solid black and the controls. Neither the controls nor the top menu do anything except give me a 'not permitted' message. Eventually the disc stops spinning but I can eject it with no problem. I had problems with these same discs before (these are professional discs) but fiddled with the top menu until they started working. Now I have a new OS and I have not played them for a while. Disc utility labels the disc as unknown/universal disc format. They worked before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 2:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 3:11 PM

See if the free VLC media player can play seasons 6 and 7 without an issue.

Similar questions

3 replies

DVD player will not play certain discs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.