You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up the mail app on my phone followed these aol instructions. However, my iPad shows a completely different screen. How do I set it up?

How do I set up the mail app on my iPad? The iOS was updated 2/17/21. Set up instructions I followed are supposed to be for an iPhone and iPad. However, the iPad mail set up doesn't show any accounts to set up. Don't know where to go.

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 7:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 3:04 AM

Having no knowledge of what you may have already tried, or the instructions that you have attempted to follow - if using the native Mail App you should start here:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies

Feb 18, 2021 5:11 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks. After I sent our the query, I discovered that the iPad settings are in a separate file than those of my iPhone. The account settings are actually under "passwords." Once I was in that file I was able to set up the mail app as I did on the iPhone. The challenge was that I'd been using the mail app for years, when suddenly AOL blocked it. Now back to normal. Thanks

Setting up the mail app on my phone followed these aol instructions. However, my iPad shows a completely different screen. How do I set it up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.