You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iMac (mid 2011) and need to update its operating system. What can I do?

I have an iMac (mid 2011) and need to update its operating system. What can I do?

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 8:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 8:43 AM

1. You will either need to buy a newer iMac or
  2. Begin using Turbo Tax's web based product or
  3. Search for an alternative tax preparation method that will run on the version of Mac OS currently installed.

In short you have an old Mac (now about 11 years old) and an old version of Mac OS and are running into the limitations of using older technology. Sorry to tell you what you did not want to hear but them's the facts.

If you decide to buy a new Mac, please let us know how you use your current computer and we can suggest some Macs (new and used) that would be okay.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 18, 2021 8:43 AM in response to LM-1606

1. You will either need to buy a newer iMac or
  2. Begin using Turbo Tax's web based product or
  3. Search for an alternative tax preparation method that will run on the version of Mac OS currently installed.

In short you have an old Mac (now about 11 years old) and an old version of Mac OS and are running into the limitations of using older technology. Sorry to tell you what you did not want to hear but them's the facts.

If you decide to buy a new Mac, please let us know how you use your current computer and we can suggest some Macs (new and used) that would be okay.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.