You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Library Disappeared

I recently updated to Big Sur on my iMac, I had plugged in my iPhone to sync a new playlist and everything seemingly did what it was supposed to do, then I noticed playlists were missing, I quit music thinking that if I relaunched the program it would find the playlists and all the music on my iMac had disappeared. I contacted apple and they weren't really much help as the music wasn't downloaded from Apple Music nor was it purchased through iTunes (except a few songs, even those don't show up), it's all from CDs or Backed up music on Hard Drives which I can still access.

I have made sure the check box for sync with cloud music has been checked but every time I shut down my system or put it to sleep the music disappears again and I have to try and start again which honestly is really starting to **** me off, does anyone have a fix for this, I don't mind if I have to re-add the music again I just don't want to add it all again and lose it all and keep continuing that cycle.

Thanks

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 3:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 3:33 AM

I have an update for anybody experiencing this issue, what has seemingly worked for me is (especially if you want to use your local music) is simple going into the iTunes/Apple Music folder on your Mac and deleting the folders completely. It will mean re-adding music/playlists but personally I'd rather do that than not see any of my music whatsoever.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 19, 2021 3:33 AM in response to K12e19Rney86Neville

I have an update for anybody experiencing this issue, what has seemingly worked for me is (especially if you want to use your local music) is simple going into the iTunes/Apple Music folder on your Mac and deleting the folders completely. It will mean re-adding music/playlists but personally I'd rather do that than not see any of my music whatsoever.

Music Library Disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.