You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 to 11.2.1 Download Failed

I'm trying to update my MacBook Pro 13 (2018) from macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 to 11.2.1.

Each and every time I try to update it, the system downloads the update and then displays this error.

I tried rebooting into safe mode but no luck.

Does anybody know any tip or trick for this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 5:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 7:49 AM

Suggest following @jeffreythefrog posting.

If that does not function - Restarting Recovery Mode - Command + r - immediately at startup. Various option presented >> Reinstall macOS. It should download the latest version macOS Big Sur 11.2.1

4 replies

Feb 19, 2021 6:43 AM in response to youngman10

since the message says "check internet connection", and you also tried safe mode to no avail, i'm guessing you are trying to download it using wi-fi. if that is the case, i would recommend connecting the mac to your router with a wired ethernet connection. sometimes downloading OS updates/upgrades over wi-fi can cause the download to become corrupted, or not complete at all.

macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 to 11.2.1 Download Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.